Buying Scented Candles Online
How To Choose The Right Scented Candle Online
How do I pick a candle online?
Luxury scented candles make gorgeous gifts for yourself or someone else, but buying scented candles online can often feel more challenging than purchasing in-store.
Learn everything you need to know about scented candles with our Candle Buying Guide, to ensure you know exactly what you are looking for before selecting your next candle online.
Whether you’re shopping with an office, bedroom, or reception area in mind, read on for our expert insight and advice to help you choose the right luxury candle.
Choosing Your Home Fragrance
Candles and Home Fragrance Buying Guide
Fragrance lovers will adore Ambiance London candles and home fragrances infused with multi-layered notes to enrich your home and create a fabulous ambience in any room.
Effortlessly adding an inviting atmosphere to surroundings, scented candles have the ability to comfort or elevate the senses.
Bringing a scent-sational glow into your living space since 2004, indulge the senses with award-winning Ancienne Ambiance London Candles for every season and ambience.
How do you know if a candle is good quality?
The wax composition of candles has an effect on burn time and on scent diffusion in a room. Read about Candle Facts at this link.
Our long-burning special wax blend offers a stable and natural room-filling fragrance as it burns.
Learn how Ambiance London Candles are crafted at this link.
Decorative and practical, Ambiance London Diffusers include reed sticks with an oil and alcohol solution.
Delivering a constant fragrance to scent your space, unlike candles, diffusers do not require lighting.
Perfect for greeting you when you enter a room, they are ideal for a seasonal refresh and particularly in the Summer months, as warmth helps increase the fragrance intensity.
Deliver an instant fragrance hit with Ambiance London Room Sprays.
How to Choose a Candle Online
What should I look for when buying scented candles online?
Ask yourself which fragrances you usually enjoy and what mood or environment you wish to create? Also, consider these fragrance families…
FRESH SCENTS: Think of crisp tones, almost Spring-like scents, like aromatic Aphrodite Cypress which is fresh with a subtle woody musk.
GREEN SCENTS: A distinctive natural scent with herby aromas. Ingredients may include bay leaf, like Imperium Laurel (also in tealights) or featuring an invigorating woody combination like Alteeneh Fig.
What Are Fragrance Notes?
TOP NOTES: Often light and radiant, the initial scent which is perceived immediately.
HEART NOTES: The core of the fragrance detectable after the top notes have developed.
BASE NOTES: The foundation of the fragrance, depth and richness that lingers longer in the air and is last to develop. This is where the bolder notes come into play.
Shop Candles By Mood
Scent memories can be very powerful triggers and even transport you back to childhood moments. Certain ingredients and aromas also enhance your wellbeing, whether you’re feeling anxious, in need of relaxation or a burst of energy.
INVIGORATING SCENTS: Scents containing extracts of orange, berries, bergamot, cypress, and laurel are ideal for uplifting your mood – perfect aids to enhance concentration, or a boost of energy in the morning.
Shop Candles By Season
You can update your home based on the season…
Shop Home Fragrance By Location
The room you’re looking to fragrance can play a part in your selection.
A smaller room that requires a cleaner scent for odours (bathroom, kitchen, etc) might benefit from a slow-burning fresh scent that isn’t overpowering.
Larger rooms such as the living room, master bedroom or any space with tall ceilings may be suited to a bolder scent.
HALLWAY / RECEPTION AREA SCENTS: If you place a strongly-scented diffuser in the hallway, it will send fragrance throughout your home.
BEDROOM SCENTS: Light floral diffuser fragrances are perfect for the bedroom.
DINING ROOM SCENTS: A very strong fragrance in a room where you spend a lot of time or in a dining room may not be ideal, so we recommend a more subtle diffusion like Romana Amber (also an ideal candle for scent pairing).
Top Tips For Scenting Your Home
* To maximise your candle’s burn time, make sure it is lit for approximately 2-3 hours for its first burn. This will form a good sized melting pool (molten wax) across the entire surface for maximum scent. It also creates the wax ‘memory’ before extinguishing the flame and prevents tunnelling.
* Thereafter keep the wick trimmed to around 1/4 inch. Trimming the wick at regular intervals, or before each burn, will also help consume the candle evenly. A wick trimmer will do this perfectly, also preventing the excess wick to fall back into the molten wax.
* Instead of blowing out your candle, snuff it to prevent the wick from smouldering and leaving a smoky scent.
* Over time candle fragrances can change and sweat out. Store your candles somewhere not too warm and keep dust off with an elegant candle lid.
Read our expert Candle Tips at this link.
* To maximise your diffusers, make sure you use all the reeds provided with the fragrance oil.
* Keep in mind that warmer rooms will diffuse the fragrance faster and, for a quick and instant refresh, turn over (flip) the reeds.
* When you buy a refill oil, make sure you change your reeds – as old ones will be clogged with the oil from your last diffuser.
Read more expert Diffuser Tips at this link.