Editor’s Notes: Snap-up joyous Bacca Berry while you still can. A juicy rich mix of fresh berries it is a tantalising candle treat complete with an elegant golden lid.
What It Is: A hand poured candle crafted with premium wax to burn cleanly and evenly, infusing your home with a vibrant berry scent. Perfectly presented in a signature luxury gift box which is crafted by hand in the UK.
A little history… A sophisticated fruity blend of redcurrants, blackcurrants and an array of freshly picked berries. A seasonal staple for early hunter-gatherers for thousands of years, Bacca (Latin used for ‘small round fruit’) were also enjoyed by the Romans, Etruscans and Greeks. Thought to have medicinal properties, some might say such a fragrance is Berry-licious.
How To Use: see ‘candle information’ tab.
Product Information: Bringing a scent-sational glow into your living space since 2004, Ancienne Ambiance luxury scented candles are thoroughly delicious and full of fragrance. Each candle is hand-poured in the UK using traditional techniques, special slow burning wax blend and lead-free wick.
- Olfactive Family: Fruity
- 50-55 hour approximate burn time.
- 220g. Elegant clear glass vessel with a golden candle lid.
- Recyclable glass vessel and gift box can be repurposed for a variety of uses.
- Ancienne Ambiance Candles are adorned with labels inspired by mosaics of the Roman Empire.
- All packaging is responsibly crafted using sustainably sourced recycled materials. Learn more.
- Production: Made in the UK
Tips To Choose Candles: explore our Candle Buying Guide.
- To maximise your candle’s burn time, make sure it is lit for approximately 2-3 hours for its first burn. This will form a good sized melting pool (molten wax) across the entire surface for maximum scent. It also creates the wax ‘memory’ before extinguishing the flame and prevents tunnelling.
- Thereafter keep the wick trimmed to around 1/4 inch. Trimming the wick at regular intervals, or before each burn, will also help consume the candle evenly. A wick trimmer will do this perfectly, also preventing the excess wick to fall back into the molten wax.
- Instead of blowing out your candle, snuff it to prevent the wick from smouldering and leaving a smoky scent.
- Over time candle fragrances can change and sweat out. Store your candles somewhere not too warm and keep dust off with an elegant candle lid.
- Read our expert Candle Tips at this link.
We’re extremely proud of the craftsmanship of Ancienne Ambiance Candles.
Find out more about our candle values and artistry here.
As Loved By
“A beautiful combination of blackcurrant and redcurrant but seems to be sweetened with a touch of tonka bean. Notes of bay leaf and rose stop this becoming too fruity and keep it perfectly on the right side of crisp.” – StephanMatthews.com
“Probably the most glamorous candle of all is the delicious ‘Bacca’. This is a must-have.” – TheAmazingBlog.co.uk
“Stunning Bacca Berry Candle…it was just divine” – BeautyQueenUk.co.uk
“Gorgeous – fruity goodness, I can’t stop burning it!” – Julia Rebaudo, Stylonylon.com
“What a deliciously spirit-lifting candle, bursting with ripe berries and full of cheer. This is the candle we’ll be giving as gifts this year, bright and fruity in Summer and deeply comforting in Winter” – Fiona Klonarides, Beauty Shortlist
Best Candle (uplifting) – Finalist, Beauty Shortlist Awards 2018