Editor’s Notes: One of jeweller Claire van Holthe’s signature designs, each element of these timeless Goddess earrings is carefully composed. The perfect balance of stone shape and size, for which she is well known, makes them truly exquisite.
CLAIRE VAN HOLTHE Jewellery: London-based jewellery designer and maker Claire van Holthe developed her skills at the prestigious Sir John Cass College of Art. Famed for her use of exquisite natural coloured gems, Claire’s iconic jewels feature regularly in Vogue, Tatler, Grazia and Sunday Times Style.
Product Information: No two pieces of handcrafted Claire van Holthe jewellery can be identical but, with subtle variations, Claire will recreate this item just for you.
- Delivery usually within 2-3 weeks of receipt of order.
- Total drop measures 6cm long.
- Fresh water pearls and rock crystal chandelier earrings with 9k gold.
- Handcrafted 9k gold hooks for pierced ears.
- Beautifully presented in hand-crafted black gift boxes with signature Ambiance London purple ribbons.
A little history… Believed to embolden its wearer and remove stress, Rock Crystal was given its name by ancient Greek philosopher Theophrastus – derived from the Greek ‘crystallos’. The ancient Greeks believed that Gods drank ambrosia and nectar from Crystal goblets, while the Romans used Rock Crystal for making jewellery. The Romans interestingly prized pearls more than diamonds. Coveted by the nobility ‘gems of the sea’ became Rome’s must-have extravagance in the 1st century B.C.