Editor’s Notes: Iconic drinking glasses by renowned glass-makers La Soufflerie are enchanting and can be used as small flower vases, pencil holders, for sugar cubes or tea-lights.
What It Is: A beautiful work of art, this blue La Soufflerie hand-blown glass Tete Glass adds an element of fun to your tablescapes and cocktail parties.
Product Information: Individually hand-blown, the raised ‘bellybutton’ mark underneath each item is a signature left by the glassblower’s cane.
- Size: 10cm H, Colour: Blue. Slight variations in colour and size should be expected.
- Production: Made in France
- Optional Add-On: Signature luxury gift box (hand-crafted in the UK).
- Care: Although most items are dishwasher safe, it is recommended to wash them by hand to avoid scratches and to preserve their lustre.
- Brand: La Soufflerie glassware is made using ancient artisan techniques that were first developed c. 2000 years ago by the Phoenicians and Romans- pioneers of glass blowing. Paris-based, the family owned and operated company create the most iconic and unique glasses reminiscent of those created in antiquity.
A little history… Glass making dates back to at least 3600 years in Mesopotamia, with the first glassmaking “manual” dating to c. 650 BC. A significant industry in ancient times across many cultures, the 1st century AD saw a rapid technical growth with the introduction of glass blowing (hand-blown) which revolutionised manufacture.