Editor’s Notes: Make a statement with brilliant blue hand-blown vases by La Soufflerie on your table.
What It Is: The blue La Soufflerie hand-blown glass Piccola Vase is ideal for small bunches of flowers, single stems and dinner candles. Beautiful works of art, La Soufflerie add glass glamour to your dinner table settings and tablescapes.
Product Information: Individually hand-blown, the raised ‘bellybutton’ mark underneath each item is a signature left by the glassblower’s cane.
- Size: 9cm H, Colour: Blue. Slight variations in colour and size should be expected.
- Production: Made in France
- Optional Add-On: Signature luxury gift box (hand-crafted in the UK).
- Care: Although most items are dishwasher safe, it is recommended to wash them by hand to avoid scratches and to preserve their lustre.
- Brand: La Soufflerie glassware is made using ancient artisan techniques that were first developed c. 2000 years ago by the Phoenicians and Romans- pioneers of glass blowing. Paris-based, the family owned and operated company create the most iconic and unique glasses reminiscent of those created in antiquity.
A little history… Glass making dates back to at least 3600 years in Mesopotamia, with the first glassmaking “manual” dating to c. 650 BC. A significant industry in ancient times across many cultures, the 1st century AD saw a rapid technical growth with the introduction of glass blowing (hand-blown) which revolutionised manufacture.