Expert Candle Tips
Make Your Candles Last Longer
Top tips to burn your luxury candles like a pro
1. When burning your candle for the first time, make sure it is lit for approximately 2-3 hours. This will form a good sized melting pool for maximum scent and creates the wax ‘memory’ for burning.
2. Thereafter keep the wick trimmed to around 1/4 inch. Trimming the wick at regular intervals, or before each burn, will help consume the candle evenly and avoid damaging the glass by producing too high a flame.
3. If the flame is too small, extinguish it with a candle snuffer and carefully pour out excess wax.
4. Always extinguish with a candle snuffer, the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
5. Burning times can be extended even further by storing in a cool place prior to burning.
6. Allow the candle to solidify before relighting.
Always protect the surface on which the candle rests and ensure it is lit on an even surface, away from draughts.
Take care not to leave lit candles unattended.
Discover more essential Candle Tips on The Ambiance Blog.
Learn how to pick a candle online in our Candle Buying Guide
Candle Values at Ambiance London
Learn more about the craftsmanship of Ambiance Candles at this link.
Reuse & Recycle Your Candle Glasses
Do you like to reuse your candle glasses to keep make-up brushes, pens or use as a vase? As part of our sustainable practices we encourage you to reuse and recycle just as the Romans did (pioneers of ancient glass production, recycling was an important part of the ancient glass industry).
All Ambiance London packaging can be put into household recycling bins or taken to a recycling centre. However, for every six Ambiance Candle glasses we receive from you, we will give you a complimentary candle in return.
Candle Glass Recycling Programme: Sign-up at this link.
NB. Loyalty Cards are provided in-store with each candle purchase.
What do we do with the returned glasses? When in good condition we reuse them for production sampling and batch testers, reuse as vases or pen holders and we also send them for glass recycling.
For further information about our Sustainable Practices at this link.